Compassionate care for your beloved pet in their favorite place–home!
Our team is here for you when you need us most. We provide caring and compassionate in-home euthanasia, hospice, and palliative services.
We all hope for a peaceful, quiet passing for our pet in their home, in their sleep, surrounded by those who love them–a home pet euthanasia with Journey Home Vet can provide this experience.
- Availability during morning, afternoon, evenings, weekdays and weekends.
- Sedation to prevent discomfort, anxiety, and remove the need for restraint.
- Euthanasia provided in the privacy and intimacy of your own home
- Assistance with aftercare for your pet's body, per your preference. Cremation services are available with or without ash return.
- Memorial posting on our website
- Notification to your regular veterinarian of your pets' passing
- As the doctor works alone, please be aware that the doctor will need assistance moving pets over 30 lbs, or we can set up aftercare through the crematorium directly, for an additional charge.
We offer several options for our families. You may opt for an in-home euthanasia only, where you and your family provide a home burial or transport your pet yourself. We also provide private cremation, where you receive only your pet's ashes, in an urn, with a clay pawprint. Finally, you may opt for group cremation where ashes are scattered and not returned to you.
Please see the "Aftercare" section for details on options for your pet's remains.
If you are unable or do not desire to help the doctor transfer your pet's body to her vehicle, we can arrange with the crematorium to pick up directly for an additional fee. Please call to discuss.
We proudly offer 2 options for aftercare for your beloved pet's remains.
Traditional/Flame Based Cremation through Circle of Life Pet Cremation Services
Circle of Life Pet Cremation Services is dedicated to providing compassionate care for pets at the end of life, and to supporting their human through this difficult process of transition. We believe in the unique power of the human-animal connection, and we treat every animal we work with exactly how we would want our own beloved companion animals to be treated – with sensitivity, respect and gentleness.
All cremains are returned in a carved wooden box and a baked clay paw print. Circle of Life offers many options for urn upgrades and memorial items upon request. Please let us know if you'd like to learn more.
Aquamation/Water Based Cremation through Guardian Pet Aquamation
Using a combination of water and salts, aquamation gently reduces the body to ashes. The process is similar to what nature would do through burial; although it is faster and the safest aftercare option to protect the planet. Aquamation provides more ashes returned to families.
Aquamation is approved for pets in all 50 states and is rapidly becoming the preferred choice for those who wish to prevent climate change. It is also offered for humans around the world, including 2 new systems in Denver.
Hospice and Palliative Care
Any pet with a life or quality of life-threatening disease or condition, may benefit from a hospice or palliative care plan–we want to give more good days to our best companions, in the comfort of their very favorite place–home!
- The consultation takes 1-3 hours to complete
- Review of veterinary records
- Examination by certified Hospice and Palliative Care veterinarian
- Quality of life assessment
- A detailed plan of care with 30 days of email and phone consultations regarding your pet
- Communication with your veterinarian
- Additional fees for medications and treatments may apply
Hospice or Palliative Care Consultation: $330 plus the cost of medications/treatments.
Additional in-home follow up hospice exams after care is established: $175 (up to 1 hour)
Telemedicine (discussion via Skype/Facetime/Google) rechecks for current hospice and palliative care patients, as appropriate: $70/30 minutes
We accept cash, checks, major credit cards, ScratchPay, and Care Credit
Acupuncture & Therapeutic Laser
Dr. Stephanie's training in acupuncture and hospice and palliative care offers a balance of Western medicine and therapies, knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the compassionate support of treating pets in pain, suffering from a variety of medical conditions, all while providing emotional and practical support to families.
Quality of Life Consultations
Navigating the final decisions of your beloved’s pets can be scary, overwhelming, and emotional. Dr. Stephanie and Journey Home can help ease this decision by offering comprehensive virtual quality of life discussions, working through your pet’s unique challenges and your concerns. The appointments take 30-60 minutes and can be via phone or video chat (in person quality of life assessments are currently suspended due to COVID concerns).