Compassionate care for your beloved pet in their favorite place–home!
Our team is here for you when you need us most. We provide caring and compassionate in-home euthanasia, hospice, and palliative services.
We all hope for a peaceful, quiet passing for our pet in their home, in their sleep, surrounded by those who love them–a home pet euthanasia with Journey Home Vet can provide this experience.
- Availability during morning, afternoon, evenings, weekdays and weekends.
- Sedation to prevent discomfort, anxiety, and remove the need for restraint.
- Euthanasia provided in the privacy and intimacy of your own home
- Assistance with aftercare for your pet’s body, per your preference. Cremation services are available with or without ash return.
- Memorial posting on our website
- Notification to your regular veterinarian of your pets’ passing
- As the doctor works alone, please be aware that the doctor will need assistance moving pets over 30 lbs, or we can set up aftercare through the crematorium directly, for an additional charge.
We offer several options for our families. You may opt for an in-home euthanasia only, where you and your family provide a home burial or transport your pet yourself. We also provide private cremation, where you receive only your pet’s ashes, in an urn, with a clay pawprint. Finally, you may opt for group cremation where ashes are scattered and not returned to you.
Please see the “Aftercare” section for details on options for your pet’s remains.
If you are unable or do not desire to help the doctor transfer your pet’s body to her vehicle, we can arrange with the crematorium to pick up directly for an additional fee. Please call to discuss.
Dr. Stephanie and Journey Home strive to provide professional, caring, individualized care for your pet and family. In that spirit, we have partnered with two family-owned, locally-owned, hand-picked providers for two different options to care for your pet’s remains.
Hospice and Palliative Care
Any pet with a life or quality of life-threatening disease or condition, may benefit from a hospice or palliative care plan–we want to give more good days to our best companions, in the comfort of their very favorite place–home!
- The consultation takes 1-3 hours to complete
- Review of veterinary records
- Examination by certified Hospice and Palliative Care veterinarian
- Quality of life assessment
- A detailed plan of care with 30 days of email and phone consultations regarding your pet
- Communication with your veterinarian
- Additional fees for medications and treatments may apply
Hospice or Palliative Care Consultation: $330 plus the cost of medications/treatments.
Additional in-home follow up hospice exams after care is established: $175 (up to 1 hour)
Telemedicine (discussion via Skype/Facetime/Google) rechecks for current hospice and palliative care patients, as appropriate: $70/30 minutes
We accept cash, checks, major credit cards, ScratchPay, and Care Credit